Performer Submissions to JSJBF for
The JERSEY SHORE JAZZ AND BLUES FOUNDATION (JSJBF) offers a number of opportunities for your band/performance group. PLEASE READ our submission policy:
1) Performers at major Festivals (e.g., the CD 101.9 Red Bank Jazz and Blues Festival) must be JSJBF Performing Members in good standing. You may submit material to our Listening Committee without being a Member (you are encouraged to do so), but you must become a Member if you agree to perform.
2) Performers at our other Fundraisers and Music Series are selected from JSJBF Performer Membership. Qualification for performance within Membership is not only based on Quality of Performance ability, but Member support of JSJBF activities (e.g., involvement on Committees, Volunteer activities, visibility at JSJBF events). We realize not all groups are local to the core Jersey Shore region and take this into account.
3) Submissions to the CD 101.9 Red Bank Jazz and Blues Festival should be submitted as a CD plus Press Kit. It is then submitted to the JSJBF Listening Committee, a fairly large and strong subcommittee that expends substantial time and effort listening to the hundreds of incoming submissions.
4) We will acknowledge ACCEPTANCE for performance only. We will try to inform you if you do qualify, but the volume of incoming kits and volunteer nature of the Foundation makes this difficult. As your kits will be kept on file, the lack of acceptance for a particular year does not mean you will not be considered for the following year's event or another Festival.
5) Material should be packaged and mailed to the following address. Feel free to send us any information you about your band or organization, including:
ALL Materials should be sent to:
P.O. Box 8713
Red Bank, NJ 07701
6) Performer selections for the summer Festival is typical made by February. Material received after the beginning of the new year will typically be used for the next summer's event.
You may call us at 732-933-1984 if you have questions.